KEY WORKERS – updated list
Please note: these are the categories of key workers who can, if absolutely necessary, access support. The council does not make decisions, beyond council employees, about who must or must not attend work. Your employer must behave responsibly in making decisions and heed UK and Scottish Government advice.
Please note that the first presumption is that this service will only be accessed when no other suitable childcare arrangements can be identified.
- Health and care workers directly supporting COVID-19 response and associated staff.
- Workers supporting life-threatening emergency work as well as critical primary and community care provision.
- Staff of energy suppliers
- Staff, including teachers and early years workers, providing childcare and learning for other key workers and staff who support school buildings
Please note that the first presumption is that staff who can work from home will work from home and that this service will only be accessed when no other suitable childcare arrangements can be identified.
- All other health and care workers including home support staff and care home staff.
- Emergency services staff, including police, fire and rescue, prison officers.
- Military personnel
- Social workers
- Those supporting critical national infrastructure including:
- Staff keeping air, water, road and rail passenger transport operating.
- Oil, gas, electricity and water and sewerage workers.
- Logistics staff including drivers and transport workers.
- Food and other necessary goods staff including food production, processing, distribution, sale, delivery as well as those essential to the provision of hygienic and veterinary medicines.
- Staff in essential financial service provision including: banks, building societies and financial market infrastructure; IT and data infrastructure; postal services; civil nuclear, chemicals and telecommunications; payment providers; waste disposal.
- Journalists and broadcasters.
Other council and associated staff in the following categories. Please note that the first presumption is that staff who can work from home will work from home
- Strategic-level management and support staff.
- Waste services staff.
- Fleet services staff.
- Cemeteries staff.
- Property repairs and maintenance staff including frontline workers of Mears and Saltire.
- Roads and lighting maintenance staff including staff of Amey.
- Facility support services including cleaning, catering, school crossing patrollers and janitorial staff.
- Human resources staff including payroll and employee service centre.
- IT staff.
- Communications staff.
- Finance staff including welfare, revenue and benefits staff and municipal bank staff.
- Registration staff.
- Essential legal services.
- Psychological services staff.
- Homelessness and housing staff.
- Environmental Health officers.
- Trading Standards officers.
- Streetscene staff.