• Out with the old network drives and in with O365

    Now that most of us have migrated over to M365, you will know the way we store information has changed.  All new business information created should now be stored in the appropriate corporate file plan area within Teams/SharePoint and personal business-related information should be stored in One Drive for Business….

  • Change is coming to Housing Repairs

    As part of the council’s ongoing move towards digitisation of our services, plans are now well under way to replace the Housing Repairs scheduling software system One Advanced/Kirona DRS currently used to book trades with Mears and schedule inspections for NLC Technical Officers. This new system, planned to go live…

  • Wanted – New Digital Champions

    Do you want to part of our digital gang? We’re looking to build on Digital NL’s already successful internal network of Digital Champions to help drive our digital vision across services and communities. This is a great opportunity to become a Digital Champion to support your service and although voluntary,…

  • Retirement of Skype

    It’s the final countdown! You will remember in March we announced that Skype for Business would be retiring – well that time has come for all remaining Skype users to say goodbye. From the end of July the Skype product will be end-of life and from the 9th July the…

  • Calling all Microsoft power users! Are you ‘a bit of an expert’?

    As we continue to transform our business practices and strive to make the best use of technology, we’ve set up communities of practice on Yammer for: Access Excel Word These provide a space for power users to: Connect with each other. Share knowledge, tips and tricks. Ask questions and troubleshoot…

  • MS Breakout Room Feature

    The Breakout Rooms feature have now been implemented in Microsoft Teams. These allow meeting organisers to create and name separate rooms during a meeting and assign attendees to these rooms.  Organisers can create and name up to 50 separate rooms within scheduled meetings.  This new feature may be particularly useful for people running…

  • Skype for Business is closing

    ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ M365 Migration Update….. We have now migrated over 3600 users (75%) of the corporate users over to M365 and are on course to migrate the remaining 25% by the end of April 2021 What does this mean for you with regards to…