The Payroll & Pension team remit is to provide a comprehensive and compliant payroll and pension function. It impacts on the financial affairs of our employees as well as the business and the HR management.
Payroll & Pension supports the business to ensure compliance, continually reviewing processes and contributes towards quality management and benchmarking to deliver best practice.
Currently there are 7 payrolls to manage:
- 2 four weekly paid payrolls
- 2 fortnightly paid payrolls
- 3 monthly paid payrolls
- Ensure Tax, NI & Pension are calculated
- Analyse sample pays to ensure that they are correct
- Identify errors and remedy them before the final run of the payroll
- Calculated overpayments
- Process Faster Payments for underpayments
- Ensure pension is deducted at the correct rate
- Auto enrolment
- Regularly report to Pension agencies – SPFO, SPPA, NEST etc.
- Retirement forms, opt outs of pension and other pension forms
Balance & Reconcile Payruns
- Produce file to HMRC for electronic transfer
- Produce payslips (paper & E-payslips)
- Reconcile to the General Ledger
- Reconcile Childcare Vouchers
- Upload data from HMRC – Tax code changes
- Third Party Claims (further information is available here)
- Employers Liability Claims (further information is available here)
- Specification of Documents
- Enquiries referred from the Helpdesk
The structure of the team is as follows
- Payroll & Pension Manager: Lorraine Buttery
- Payroll & Pension Specialist: June Murray, Hazel Taylor, Kerry Harrison & Lucy McCabe
- Payroll & Pension Senior Analysts (Acting): Diane Barr, Liz Wilson
- Payroll & Pension Analyst: Claire MacGregor, Sam Gaul, Paul Minnis, Louise Quinn, Gordon Moir, Derek Lowrie, Sandra Stark, Daniel O’Neill, Tracy Donaldson.
For any enquires please contact the People Helpdesk on 01698 403151 or via email at People Helpdesk