The Talent & Organisational Development team are here to build a workforce for the future that is capable and motivated to deliver our shared ambition and priorities.
We are responsible for facilitating the delivery of learning and development and career development solutions across all council services. We also provide specialist organisational development support to help services deliver change and improve their organisational effectiveness.
We do this by:
- Playing a key role in strategic business planning, influencing activity through collaboration and being directly involved in working groups
- Supporting Leaders and teams through change, making sure we understand our workforce and the challenges ahead
- Working directly with teams to increase team and individual performance
- Providing necessary technical training to build in role competence
- Offering professional qualifications and those which support continued professional development e.g. SVQ, CMI, Leadership, Customer Service
- Delivering development workshops or classroom training
- Creating and delivering new digital online learning solutions
- Providing business coaching and mentoring support
- Building a strong Leadership Academy development offering
- Developing our plans to increase employee engagement and the rolling programme of Investors in People (IIP)
- Involving employees at all levels in our projects by facilitating focus groups
Key contacts in the team are:
- Talent & OD Manager: Sara Tennant
- Leader and Talent Development Manager: Pauline McCafferty
- Operational L&D Delivery Manager: Isobel Phee
- TOD Business Partners: Susan Robertson (Enterprise and Communities), Barrie Collins (Adult HSC/Chief Execs), Maureen Roberts and Dawn Arnott (Education and Families)
Details of the full Talent & Organisational Team can be found here.
For any queries you can contact admin support at TOD@northlan.gov.uk