1. Home
  2. FAQs
  3. Your Contract FAQ

Your Contract FAQ

Here you’ll find answers to some of the common questions asked about your contract.

Visit the Your Contract page for more information on this subject.

I'm processing my application to register with the Scottish Social Services Council, who do I select as the endorser?

You should select one of the HR Business Partners for your service as the endorser.

Further details on HR Business Partners can be found here.

I'm a term time worker and don't know how many days I'm expected to work?

The school session is for 190 days and 5 inservice days therefore you should be at work for 195 days (if part time then it would be a pro rata share of this).

I work part time hours in a school, how do I calculate how many days that I should be at work?

Take the 195 days divide it by 35 and multiple by the number of hours that the employee works. Employee then has to add up the number of days that they would be in attendance at work if more then school owes employee time and if less employee owes the school time e.g. employee works 21 hours over 3 days (195 x 60% = 117) therefore employee should be at work for 117 days.

How do I get a copy of my contract?

You should initially refer to your own records for your contract of employment.

If you require further assistance, please contact the People Helpdesk on 01698 403151 or alternatively email them at ESC-HelpDeskTeam@northlan.gov.uk.

Updated on 26th August 2020

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles